- Call 1-800-699-2908 to make payments anytime, day or night.
- Select the date the payment will be made—up to 60 days in the future—when you know the funds will be available.
- Have your 10-digit account number and date of birth handy for identification purposes.
Where can I find my account number?
Keep in MindYour phone payment is spread automatically among all loans on your account. For more details on how these payments are applied, please review our payment application examples.
You can select any business day (Monday - Friday, excluding holidays) for a phone payment. Payments typically post to your account within 2 business days of the effective date you select. We may credit your payment to your account a few days before you can see it online in Account Access.
Due dates that fall on a weekend or holiday: Select a payment date at least 1 business day before your due date.
- Make your check or money order payable to FedLoan Servicing. Then mail to:
Department of Education
P.O. Box 530210
Atlanta, GA 30353-0210
- Include your account number on your check. If you are a co-signer or endorser, please include the borrower's account number.
- Only send payments to this address. Send all other correspondence to our correspondence address.
Keep in Mind
- We electronically process all paper checks. This means we capture your bank account and routing numbers from your check and electronically deduct a one-time payment from your account.
- Do not secure your check or money order to other documents with staples, paperclips, or similar. You should include your account number on any additional correspondence associated with your check or money order.
- To ensure we can process your check as efficiently as possible, please review:
We recommend mailing your payment at least 5 to 7 business days before your due date to ensure we receive it on time. These payments are effective on the date we receive them, or on the next business day in the case of a weekend or holiday. Mailed payments are typically posted to your account within 2 business days of the date received. Your payment may credit to your account 1 or more days before you can see it online in Account Access.
Pay Online With Account Access
- Safely sign in 24/7 to make a payment.
- View your loan balance and billing details.
- Set up advance payments.
- Save your banking account information for future payments.
Does your due date fall on a weekend or holiday? Find out when we process these payments.